Monday 4 January 2010

Looking at 2010 with both hope and fear in equal measure

Well it's crunch time. I have less than 9 months left to submit my PhD thesis. Eek! I'm at home right now writing. Or maybe that should be "writing." I have complete writer's block. My secondary supervisor said a few weeks ago "At least you're not afraid of writing, so that's one issue you won't have to deal with." That's true, but I still HATE thesis writing! I enjoy writing, just not about my own work.

Of course if I enjoy writing so much, why have I neglected this blog? According to Lijit, people are still visiting, so hey! *waves electronically at internet people.*

Training wise, I am currently on a 20 rep squats program, which looks like this:

Squats: 1x20
Dbell Pullover: 1x20
StiffLeg Deadlifts: 1x15
Dips: 2x10
1 Arm Rows (I don't like BORs): 2x10
Abs and core stuff

The idea is to pick a weight you can squat for 10 reps - and do 20 reps. So you do 10 reps, wait a few seconds, then force a few more reps out, start breathing heavy, force few more reps out, start swearing from the pain, and finish the set, all without racking the bar. Since nowadays I normally squat 72.5kgx6, I started at 50kgx20, and have worked up to 70kgx20. I want to get to 72.5kgx20 and then leave it, and finally switch to Eric Cressey again.

All I need to sort out are my eating habits. As in - EAT EAT EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment