Wednesday 13 January 2010

I refuse to post pics of snow



The UK has been hit by rather unusual levels of snow the last few weeks. Other countries might scoff at how badly we're coping, but we're just not used to it, and have no money invested in dealing with prolonged snow and ice because it rarely snows at all in most of England.

My poor mother has been practically housebound, not daring to risk a repeat of an incident a few years ago where she slipped on some ice right outside our house and broke her foot, leaving her unable to walk properly for almost 2 months. I must confess, the thought of her falling and breaking her hip has been preying on my mind.

So no pics of snow from me because everyone and their dog has posted it. But here's an unusual sight I passed on the way home - someone decided to string up a load of soft toy puppies on a tree, like a macabre offering to some deity to end the winter freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment