Tuesday 2 March 2010

No gym this week :*(

Gym has been going really well. I'm in the middle of Phase 2 of Eric Cressey's Maximum Strength, getting used to all the new workout styles (front squats, box squats, rack pulls, rotator cuff work, lots of unilateral leg work, cluster sets, speed work).

Unfortunately I managed to hurt my lower back 2 weeks ago, through some rather poor deadlifting technique. It seemed to be ok, but now it seems to be getting sore again. Taking a week off the gym to let it recover. I considered going to the dr, but I don't think they are going to say much other than rest it and take anti inflammatory drugs (of which I might try buying some tomorrow). Really annoying to be out of the gym, hopefully I've learnt my lesson, and I just hope my back heals itself soon. I'm stretching it and using a tennis ball and foam roller for some self myofascial release.

No comments:

Post a Comment